Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng





Human relationships and mystery abound in this novel. 



I give this book 5 stars!! 



As a fan of Celeste Ng, I was really excited to read Little Fires Everywhere. This book didn't let me down. 

The poetic use of imagery pulled so many emotions out of my heart. Sadness for the contempt one can have for their own child. Happiness for the freedom some of the Richardson children gained. Awe for the talent that Mia possessed, and despisement and frustration for the shallowness that people can have when dealing with others, not of their "station." 

Ms. Ng does a wonderful job of building her characters, helping you to really, truly care about what is going on in the story and moving the story along at a good pace. Only once did I feel a total hatred within the story, and that was when Mrs. Richardson uses her job to become mean-spirited and dishonest. Man, she really annoyed me! This to me is a good sign of a great book = evoking so many emotions. The novel was entertaining at times, lesson teaching throughout, and just a pure good read. I couldn't put it down. 

Thanks to Ms. Ng, I seriously stopped to think about life in my own little world and what needs to be fixed or what I could do better in my community to help others.


*I received this e-book through Penguin's First To Read ARC for my honest review.

Comments

Popular Posts