Reincarnation Blues by Michael Poore



What would it be like to live 10,000 different lives to be with the one you love- who in all reality can't really live as she, Suzy is better known as Death and risk disappearing into the ether if you don't achieve perfection?
Read this book and you will find out.

This book fascinated me! I know Michael Poore's book was compared to Neil Gaiman, who I simply adore and have read all his written, even his essays, however, I think Michael Poore's book is even better than a lot of Gaiman's stories. This comes from a creative mind filled with of a couple hundred stories of different lives that can be lead.

The lives Milo leads are random, unique, ironic, continuous in some places and completely different at many, many times. Poore fleshes out all ages, all scenarios of what a life can be, even through all the past histories and futuristic fantasies (those were my favorite.) All the while Poore tells the stories well. Even, chapter 14, "The Hasty Pudding Affair," where I didn't enjoy the prison sex allusions (3 times- no telling, no showing, just alluding) I loved, because of the detail that Poore does in all these lives Milo Lives! The story made me think- what would it be like to go home after accepting and becoming happy in a tough situation at 15 years old? Could you truly ever adjust?

The characters are well fleshed out, the writing poetic at times, raw at other times which makes this book even better than I thought it would be.

A must read and rated a 5 from me! I'll buy it just to read again, as I feel I might have missed a few great tidbits.

A must read if you love futuristic stories and/or wonder what its like to be reincarnated 10,000 times.


*I received this ebook through Penguin's First To Read ARC for my honest review.

Comments

Popular Posts