Faith Journaling For The Inspired Artist by Stephanie Ackerman





Faith Journaling for the Inspired Artist
Author: Stephanie Ackerman
Publisher: Walter Foster Publishing
Publication Date: November 21, 2017
Step by Step Illustrations


Faith Journaling For The Inspired Artist is a how-to and practice workbook based on Stephanie Ackerman’s love of creative art through her spiritual journey in life.

I love the pages where Ackerman lets the reader practice whether it’s working on font writing techniques, doodle drawings or just better understanding how to glean ideas from the page of your Bible reading. I found it very informative and helpful to someone who always craves perfection, as she continues to stress to just have fun and “play around" with your hands-on journey.

Giving a highlight with step by step ways to create mixed media in your bible was just pure fun for this reader. My mixed media attempt didn’t turn out as I  planned, however, I had fun getting my hands dirty.


My only critique is that Ackerman shows in the first chapter, “Introductions to Journaling” under the Alternate Page, that you can adhere an alternate page to the Bible pages, but doesn’t give a “how-to” walkthrough of how that can be done. This would’ve been extremely helpful to the reader. Now, this might be something that she describes on her website, however with a book like this it might be better To have that in her stand-alone book.

You can buy this book here at Amazon.


I received this book from Walter Foster Publishing via Edelweiss+ for my honest review.

I give this book 4 stars.

Comments

Popular Posts