Oh, How Lovely Was The Morning!


Yesterday, it rained and rained and rained! Homecoming for Snow Canyon High School was yesterday so of course it would rain. Last year it rained, last year Devin's group did a scavenger hunt in the rain! This year they did a scavenger hunt in the rain! Last year they had steak and baked potatoes- this year they have Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo, bread sticks and salad served at a most beautiful location, but not the one that was originally planned for at the Brower residence. Originally it was to be held on our deck with sparkly lights, tikki torches and a gorgeous view, instead because of the rain, they got this....

It's still beautiful though- no?

The last group of girls that the boys took to a dance were so quiet at the dinner table, but this group was fun, happy and very used to being with each other. I love those kind of groups, they make for a more fun event.

Here is the group eating dinner. I didn't get individual pictures or group pictures because I was the one hosting the dinner. I think that I like having it at our house, but having someone else in charge of being the hostess. Luckily, Jessie's mom Nola took tons of pictures and I will have her send copies to me so that I can give you a great shot of Devin and his date Aliza!


Okay, so on to the title of this entry.

I woke up this morning after only 6 hours of sleep which means that I am still very tired. This is because I can't sleep in my lonely room, I miss Matt. I miss knowing that at some part of the day he will drive into the drive way and walk through the door. I actually, saw a green Ford F-150 yesterday coming out of our friends neighborhood while I was driving Mckenna to Maddie's and thought it might be Matt! What an idiot! Last night when Devin came home from the Homecoming dance, the garage opened and the Honda pulled in and I secretly wanted it to be Matt having driven back to Utah- seriously, What an idiot!

I have not been away from Matt like Lisahas been from her husband-( a year or so, but that is her doing,) but it seems like forever even though it has only been 4 days! I don't want to miss out on the Devin's Senior Year, but emotionally, physically and spiritually, I am ready to move on. To cross over the threshold to our new life. Does that make sense?

Okay, so I kind of meandered off the path of the title.


Oh, how lovely was the morning,
radiant beamed the sun above,
Bees were humming, sweet birds singing,
Music ringing through the grove.



This is the view that I woke up to a beautiful Sunday Morning 90 minutes before General Conference morning session!

I was so in awe of the view that I tried to capture it on camera, but you can't capture the smell (something akin to what I imagine the Quakies in the Sacred Grove would have smelled like- fresh, clean, full of the smell of sunshine and warmth even though it was in the middle of the Grove.) You can't capture the feel of the fresh air on your skin or the brilliance of the sun, but I hope it captured a little of it! I also, saw that my candle, Florida sand centerpiece was soaking wet, which was really cool, because the sand looked just like what it does when it rains in North Redington Beach, which is where I got the sand. I can't wait to see first hand the greying look of wet sand on the shore, to feel it as a beautiful white dry powder! Okay, I am having beach cravings terribly.

Comments

Popular Posts