Rain

It is raining outside. Not your normal Florida rain of thunder and lightening, but a light pitter patter with a slight breeze.

This is a Florida rain I remember from the edges of Andrew but without the fierce winds! quiet...

Matt and I are sitting on the tiny front porch on my cream rocker bench at 6:15 in the morning. It smells heavenly outside!! Matt tells me that this rain is the weather's way of trying to adjust itself to the Summer afternoon storms, but since it is not June quit yet, it is still like an infant searching it's way for the right timing. Did I say it smells so good? The smell of rustic dirt, the grass and the jasmine intertwined with the rain is causing a sensor overload, but I love it so it doesn't bother me.
I run inside though because it is starting to get a little more windy and it is getting colder. Matt of course says it is getting cooler but doesn't need the blanket because it feels good to him, to me it is the opposite, I am a fan of the Sun and the HEAT (0kay, not the Miami Heat though, they play crappy. lol)

I may not be loving the Humidity this summer, but I will always look forward to the afternoon, 2 hour pouring, drenching rain. so if this is the Infant- bring on the Toddler, the Preschooler, the Child and the maybe the Teenager, but Leave out the Adult rain- it is too fierce for me!

Have a great day everyone!

Comments

  1. Sandi,
    I love this it is so beautifully written! I miss you so so much. I felt like we saw eachother a ton and now we havent seen each other forever!!
    Love ya!!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts