Garden Musings in San Francisco


A simple rhyming sprite visited me while I was sitting on a bench in San Francisco enjoying the flowerbeds on Fisherman's Wharf. Luckily I had a Handy Dandy notebook and pencil in my purse.



Haphazardly wings beat,
black and yellow intertwined
checkerboards in flight.
Yellow fellow
comes along
joining in delight
The two flit side by side,
sucking pollen
with their might.
passion pink roses,
green stems
cause a plight.

Will their wings propel them onward,
or will 6 legs
hold on tight?
Outside I am sitting,
enjoying  
such a sight.

Comments

  1. You draw a vivid image with this poem Sandi!
    Lovely! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, AJ. I decided the poem had to be rhyme because of you. 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts