The Landscapes of Anne of Green Gables: The Enchanting Island that inspired L.M. Montomery




The Landscapes of Anne of Green Gables
Author: Catherine Reid
Photographer: Kerry Michaels
Publisher: Timber Press
Publishing Date: April 18, 2018



As a little girl, I thought Anne and I were kindred spirits. I still think we are kindred spirits. Doesn't matter where I go there is always a house with a name, a lake that shines and trees that talk to me.  So, when I found out that there was a book, The Landscapes of Anne of Green Gables, about to come out filled with the landscapes of Prince Edward Island and the inspiration for Avonlea. I had to take a chance and request to read it!  I'm so glad to have been able to read and review this book.

The pages are beautifully filled with photos of the island taken by photographer Kerry Michaels others taken personally by Lucy Maud Montgomery. The inside journal snippets from Maud's journals are a delight.

My only dislike of the book is the repetitive nature of some of the writings. Even though they are lovely, and show Maud's kinsmanship with the forests, the trees and all the rest of nature surrounding her, the book tends to share the same memories over and over. I feel that the book would have been better served if there were less instead of more of the same and let Maud's words fill the pages simply.

If you are a fan of L.M. Montgomery's and haven't had the chance to visit Prince Edward Island this book is the perfect way to tamper the ache of not having visited. I know it did for me.

I was blessed to read this book courtesy of Timber Press via NetGalley for my honest opinion.

Comments

Popular Posts