Morning Inspiration = Universal reminders

This dreary, soon-to-rain morning has found me in my snuggy warm bed reading prior status updates from the Timeline on Facebook. After writing a thank you to all my wonderful FB friends who have truly helped make my life a little fuller (yes, I realize that they are only words, but the words that some have given have uplifted, helped me to continue transitioning to another state and continued to foster the relationships that we have held (for some,) over the decades.  I happened to glance at the bar on the right of my screen when one of the titles caught my eye- it was on the  "Products/Service" column. The product was called "Rumors of Water"  I really need to check this out of the library or just buy it. I've read so many wonderful excepts from it.

I decided to click on it to see what it was all about. This seems to be a wonderful book on writing.  I read the various statuses and decided to click further onto some of the links that were listed on the page. What I found was a treasure trove of various blogs from people who like me are trying to feel around the world of writing. My favorite blog that I happened upon is called DRGT / Just Wondering... wherein a Christian woman writes about her life, her emotional experiences with her aging mother's decline and wonderfully sensitive things about following the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Now, mind you, this is not a blog from an "LDS" woman but then again aren't we all Christian who believe in Christ and siblings in the truest form and does it matter that she may believe a tiny bit different than I do about saints, how many Heavenly beings are one or that we believe that the Gospel is continued on in this life through a living Prophet? NO! what she writes has touched my heart. She has lifted my spirits and has deepened my love for the Gospel through her words and pictures.
I savor the shot in the arm of the "grandness" as my Aunt Claire likes to say of what I feel deep inside of my soul from reading her blog.

I am always in awe of people who can truly write and take you along on their journey as if it is their own. This is what this beautiful woman Diana has done for me, I truly hear her voice and it echos in my mind as a reminder of what is endearing about commonalities we have in our lives with others.
It is a reminder to me that we are all from one Heavenly Father, whatever you man call Him, that we are all His children and that we all have an Elder brother who died for us. The differences are not important focusing on since it is the commonalities that are the glue. We all love, feel heartache, trust, savor, sleep, eat and eventually pass on from this life. We need to continually focus on those universal humanistic truths and find something in everyone to connect with. This is one of my goals of the year- to find the good in everyone and focus on those good traits even those I may never see eye to eye with and to be positive with the world and life in general. Optimism is not a blinded following, it is a choice to step forward and try and make the world a better place.


One of the songs that always reminds me of this universal truth is:

"Heal The World"

There's A Place In
Your Heart
And I Know That It Is Love
And This Place Could
Be Much
Brighter Than Tomorrow
And If You Really Try
You'll Find There's No Need
To Cry
In This Place You'll Feel
There's No Hurt Or Sorrow

There Are Ways
To Get There
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Little Space
Make A Better Place...

Heal The World
Make It A Better Place
For You And For Me
And The Entire Human Race
There Are People Dying
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Better Place
For You And For Me

If You Want To Know Why
There's A Love That
Cannot Lie
Love Is Strong
It Only Cares For
Joyful Giving
If We Try
We Shall See
In This Bliss
We Cannot Feel
Fear Or Dread
We Stop Existing And
Start Living

Then It Feels That Always
Love's Enough For
Us Growing
So Make A Better World
Make A Better World...

And The Dream We Were
Conceived In
Will Reveal A Joyful Face
And The World We
Once Believed In
Will Shine Again In Grace
Then Why Do We Keep
Strangling Life
Wound This Earth
Crucify Its Soul
Though It's Plain To See
This World Is Heavenly
Be God's Glow

We Could Fly So High
Let Our Spirits Never Die
In My Heart
I Feel You Are All
My Brothers
Create A World With
No Fear
Together We'll Cry
Happy Tears
See The Nations Turn
Their Swords
Into Plowshares

We Could Really Get There
If You Cared Enough
For The Living
Make A Little Space
To Make A Better Place...
From the Iconic words of Michael Jackson - what will you do this year to Make it [world] a better place for you and for me?

Comments

Popular Posts