Lullaby Road by James Anderson




Lullaby Road
James Anderson
Crown Publishing Group
Release date: January 16, 2018

Lullaby Road is a lyrical story about a man, a small girl and the journey they take through terror, and mystery all on a road I myself have driven, HWY 117. A road of desolation. 

This book, Lullaby Road is a novel that shows the depths of relationships someone can make even between so many strangers. This book will break your heart, scare you and make you think about the interactions you have on a daily basis. I thoroughly enjoyed James Anderson’s writing style. I definitely will be picking up another one of his stories if they are as wonderfully intriguing as this book. I had a hard time putting down Lullaby Road

*I found out after reading there is a prequel to Lullaby Road is The Never-Open Diner. As I read Lullaby Road I got this vibe that there were a few things I didn’t quite understand. Now I know why. 

**As a writer, if you ever wonder what a single setting can inspire, you should read this book. The story HWY 117 tells is a yarn spun so well, that I almost believed that the town, the diner and the people were part of a non-fiction novel and not fictional. Incredibly well written. This is a great way to learn the trade. 

Comments

Popular Posts