The Girl From Widow Hills by Megan Miranda

"Everyone knows the story of 'the girl from Widow Hills'."

I sure didn't know "the story of the girl from Widow Hills. I sure wanted to get to know the girl that was from Widow Hills so I headed to a new book by Megan Miranda. I have read all of Ms. Miranda's books. My favorite until this book was All the Missing Girls followed by Fractured #1, which is a Paranormal Romance. The first book I've read of its kind.

Who was this girl from Widow Hills? What was her story? Well, Arden Maynor is that girl from Widow Hills. Her story? Well, that part I'm not going to tell you because then I would ruin the suspense for you. I will tell you that you need to read this book if you truly love a good Suspenseful Thriller. Is it her best book? Maybe not, however, it is a good summer read to escape from the world especially since we have more time on our hands.

Arden as an adult goes by "Olivia" to escape from her old life. As we continue reading we live through her life as a hospital administrator and also some snippets of the life she is keeping silent. I wanted sometimes to skip her current life and get the whole story of her past in one complete chapter. It was that interesting to me. Don't get me wrong, the current life story is good too.

Trauma happens in so many different ways. Each person reacts to this trauma in a unique way. I find the way that Ms. Miranda handles Olivia's reaction to her trauma to be something that feels familiar to the way that I handle Trauma and so this book is like looking back on some of the reactions that I have had in my life over things that I have suffered from and that made this book painful at times to read. The Girl from Widow Hills spins you around, straightens you out, and then spins you around again. If you like stories that are told with various formats of presentation, such as transcripts from live news reports, interviews, and memory flashbacks filled with suspense, nocturnal habits, and murder I think you will like reading this book. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next book Ms. Miranda writes!

I'm curious to hear if this book speaks to you too and/or if you were purely entertained. Let me know in the comments.

Comments