Books, Books, Books...Conundrum

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is pexels-photo-5797900.jpeg

You all know that I love books, movies based on books, and books about books, however, did you know that I started writing a book for youth that isn't fantasy-based?  Yup, that's right. My book is actually about three characters who interexchange through their lives without knowing each other and is connected by minor characters. I am not going to talk more about it, however, because I am not anywhere near completing said book.

I love writing as much as I love reading, except that I struggle to stick to a schedule and I am apt to get writer's block easy. It's part of the "I get bored working on a project and jump to something new" syndrome, a creed I hold that often got me into trouble in High school. I would do the homework and then not turn it in, it was like, "why should I turn it in when the test on the work was a great grade?" this attitude causes me stress in the fact that I have a lot of "almost" finished projects that aren't done.

I tend to do this with books too, but that isn't a bad thing. If the book isn't worth my time and I am bored with it, it's time to close the cover and maybe come back to it at a later date. Do any of you do the same thing?  Is a book always worth finishing? that's my dilemma right now. I am reading a book that I am not loving and am halfway through, sadly, it's something that I need to read and review at the request of a publisher (mind, you, this book is a backorder request... I tend to read three books at once -- one that I missed during its release - for review; one to be released soon - for review; and a classic read that I love. This makes it easier, for me, so that I can cleanse my palate by reading the one I love. 😉)

I love the book's subject. I love the idea of the book it's just not capturing my engagement and I am afraid to drop it and move on as I don't want to be dropped by the publisher.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is pexels-photo-355952-1.jpeg

So, does anyone have any suggestions? Drop me your ideas in the comments below, please?

Comments