Washington D.C. Union Station

DSC_1577
our Gate! Interesting how the train station differs from the airport. No, degrading security checks, with no long lines except to board and then you just get to sit where you want… so fun!
DSC_1578
while we were waiting for our train ( we were really early,) the TA would bring around this beautiful German Shepherd and he would sniff all around the waiting area. I was surprised that the dog didn’t even try to eat what people had sitting on their chairs. Great obedient dog that was!
DSC_1580
the stair cases and railings are kind cool yeah?
DSC_1581
DSC_1582
DSC_1583
many mini statues…
DSC_1584
the arches!  I love arches- and no, I don’t mean McDonalds!
DSC_1585
Look at that statues in a train station?
DSC_1586
stunningly tall columns
DSC_1587
DSC_1588
DSC_1590
DSC_1591
DSC_1592
DSC_1593
I absolutely loved the Greco-roman columns. Today in Humanities we learned that If it wasn’t for the Rocco period, we wouldn’t have half the architecture that we have in the States, because, they went back to the Classical age and that is what inspired the Founding Fathers and architects from there after to design the left of the beautiful buildings that have lasted over the ages. Including this building- The Union Square train station.
I don’t know if I have ever been on a train, well, not that I can remember, but This was exciting for me. It was a 4 hour train ride where, we ate snacks, wrote, took pictures, read the newspaper and best of all just talked and talked about nothing… It was so fun!

Comments

Popular Posts